Friday 9 October 2009

The Drains

Lyrics to an unrecorded song by The Drains (Andy Barding g/v, Mike Morgan b/v, Slim Short, d). Other drummers in The Drains' history include Carl Bevan and Steve Evans.

Sleepless In The New Seattle

In the year 2000 I'll be 36
Bald as a coot maybe but filthy rich
You could spend the weekend at my mansion in the sticks
When you see my gold discs you'll be pig sick
Pig sick

You'll be so jealous of my runaway success
You'll be leaking pictures of me to the gutter press
That's me with my head kicked in. And my house in a mess
You will betray me like some Judas.
And that makes me Jesus.

I'm the one
I've been having too much fun
Want to go to sleep but it can't be done
I'm sleepless in the New Seattle

I'm the Bruce Pavitt of your New Seattle scene
That's what they said about me in Spin magazine
And like the Sub pop mogul I started with a 'zine
Free 7" from Novocaine and Flyscreen
Flyscreen

Three singles from Five Darrens
One by DVO
I did the 'Gwent Boy' album
As if you didn't know
I'd like to do a Volume Two
And some more by Rollerco
But now that I've been dropped by Vital
And I've dropped my Nytol

I'm the one... etc

Sleepless in the New Seattle
All you children look like cattle
Wanna go to sleep but it's a losing battle
Sleepless in the New Seattle

Now here comes a shamless plug
Frug! Frug! Frug! Frug! Fuckin' Frug!
Wanna go to sleep without taking any drugs
I'm sleepless in the New Seattle
Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment